Software | Remote within the UK (but a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth, so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
We pride ourselves on product development. Our technology and its users are at the heart of everything we do, ranging from consumer applications that enable EV drivers to charge on our network; to an expansive ecommerce solution for our customers and our partners; back-office systems for managing our network; and a big data pipeline for the communications of our charge points.
We’re leading the industry in how great software helps define the best EV charging experience.
We aim to build even more awesome things, so we’re looking for an innovative, creative, determined Technical Project Manager to join the agile software development team and help us deliver high quality software to our product development roadmap and meet our ambitious business objectives.
You will primarily be working closest to your fellow TPMs, software engineers, QA engineers, and the product team, but you’ll also be in regular collaboration with the wider product development department, including the data, hardware and Salesforce engineering teams.
In your role you’ll take the project management responsibilities for one of our software engineering squads, this includes running the scrum ceremonies; preparing Jira issues; providing analysis and reporting at sprint and project levels; organising and supervising stakeholder meetings and technical discussions; translating technical and non-technical communication; facilitating the action of retrospective items for continuous improvement; and acting as a guardian to the team and sprint goals.
The position will report into the Head of Software and will be based remotely....(although we have an office near Old Street Station in London that you are welcome to use)
Role activities and responsibilities
- Facilitate the delivery of agile high quality software to our product development roadmap
- Manage the planning, dependencies, risks, costs, resources and releases of software development activity to meet timelines and budget restrictions
- Coordinate the collaborative efforts of self-organising and cross-functional teams
- Help implement process improvements and increase the efficiency of the way the software team works
Essential skills and experience
- At least 2 years of experience as a Technical Project Manager or similar role
- A track record of continuously improving delivery of high quality software
- Experience of an effective framework for managing all the aspects of agile software development
- Organisation and communication skills to coordinate the collaboration of cross-functional teams and translate technical and non-technical language
- Good technical knowledge and understanding
- Stakeholder management experience
“Nice to have” but not essential
- Experience of a high-growth start-up/scale-up environment
- An ability to improve workflows for handling problems, opportunities, and requirements of stakeholders
- Familiarity with a strong agile culture of recognition, communication, trust and learning within a software team
- Familiar with the Atlassian product suite (Jira / Confluence)
- Release management experience, with an understanding of development/deployment pipelines and continuous integration/delivery
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the EV and/or sustainability industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- Remote first working approach
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme and discounted gym membership
The socially distant elephant in the room
Our first priority (at all times, but especially during the COVID-19 pandemic) is to make sure we’re not unnecessarily exposing Pod Pointers to potential health risks, so we’re conducting all interviews on Google Meet and are able to onboard new starters remotely too. We also realise it can seem daunting to start a new role remotely (and some people struggle with their mental health when working from home at the best of times) so we do intend to reopen the office as soon as it’s safe to do so, and once we do you will be welcome to use that for work if you prefer. Additionally we’re putting in place some extra initiatives to keep our culture humming (for both “work” and “play”) as we transition to being a remote first company.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!