Information Technology | Up to £27.5k p.a. | Some remote working but predominantly onsite in our Old Street office.
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
We’re looking for an innovative, creative IT & Facilities Administrator to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report into the IT & Facilities Manager and will be based onsite in our Old Street Office in London with some remote working. This is an excellent opportunity for those wanting to expand their skillset in the IT workplace!
What you’ll do
- Take ownership of reacting to colleagues’ IT support queries and challenges
- Provide support to colleagues for VoIP phone queries (we use Vonage)
- Onboard new starters, which involves getting IT kit to new starters and introducing them to our IT environment
- Offboard leavers: closing user accounts and ensuring equipment is returned
- Where needed, deal with the wide range of server, workstation and application issues
- Take ownership of office facilities – arranging maintenance or repair visits if necessary
- Manage office desk booking system
What you’ll need
- You’ll have experience providing IT support (exposure to as many of the follow as possible would be great: Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android)
- Between 3 – 4 years experience, providing support in either an on-premise or cloud environment
- You’ll have previous knowledge of VoIP telephony systems. Maybe you’ve worked with Vonage before
- An understanding and interest in communications and networking
- Excellent organisation and time management skills. You’ll have multiple tasks at any given time, so prioritisation is key!
- Excellent communication skills and bundles of charisma - you’ll often be the first face that new starters see on their first day.
- A good understanding of Cloud technology and preferably experience in Microsoft Azure and Endpoint Manager (Intune), Google Workspace, Cisco Meraki and the Atlassian suite of products
- The ability to work alone and as a part of a team, using your initiative and problem-solving skills coupled with a drive to succeed and desire to increase your knowledge
- A very good eye for detail
- A genuine interest and passion for all things IT and tech!
- You have previous experience in a fast paced, startup environment
- You have previous experience of providing IT support to remote teams
- You have a dog (which you’d be welcome to bring into the office, as and when you choose to go in)
- You’re passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- Remote first working approach
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
The socially distant elephant in the room
Our first priority (at all times, but especially during the COVID-19 pandemic) is to make sure we’re not unnecessarily exposing Pod Pointers to potential health risks. We’re a “Remote first” company anyway, so we’re continuing to conduct all interviews on Google Meet and are pretty good at onboarding new starters remotely (if we do say so ourselves). As soon as we feel it’s safe, we do intend to reopen our London office; and once that happens you will be welcome to use that for work if you prefer - although there will be no requirement for you to do so.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!