Internal Operations Recruiter - Construction/Electrical
Talent | Up to £40k p.a. | Remote (but with a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
We’re looking for an innovative, creative and astute operations recruiter to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals.
Our number one commitment to our Pod Pointers is that we will surround them with the best colleagues possible, and to do this we need a recruitment superstar. We’ve already expanded rapidly over the past few years, growing our team to nearly 400 people, often without any external help, and we want to continue this impressive growth trajectory (we reckon we should be approaching 500 people towards the start of 2022, maybe more!)
This position will report into the Commercial and Operations Recruitment Manager and will be based remotely (although we have an office near Old Street Station in London that you are welcome to use).
What you’ll do
- Partner with hiring managers to expand the Pod Point operations teams in line with our ambitious (sometimes daunting) growth plans
- Develop a diverse pool of engaged, passive candidates across our desk based operations teams that allows us to have a constant funnel of great talent without always relying on advertising individual roles
- Focus on improving diversity across our operations teams
- Manage the Operations recruitment pipeline from inception to onboarding, by:
- Working with hiring managers to define role requirements and salaries, and writing job adverts
- Advertising roles on the Pod Point careers site and across as many relevant job websites as possible
- Headhunting for roles when you’re short of candidates (including using x-ray searches, LinkedIn, CV Databases)
- Phone screening candidates to assess personality/cultural fit, technical suitability for the role, and to get them excited about the possibility of working at Pod Point
- Being an ambassador for our outstanding culture to potential candidates, and ensuring everyone has a great impression of Pod Point
- Managing the candidate interaction throughout the recruitment process; arranging interviews and ensuring everyone (candidates and hiring team) remains fully informed
- Handling job offers and salary negotiations
- If required, handle roles across other teams in business
- Assist with employer branding and employee onboarding, ensuring everyone has a great impression of Pod Point, and they get up to speed rapidly once they’re in the door
- Get involved in other strategic projects to move the broader Pod Point Talent function forward, improving retention and recruitment in the long run
What you’ll need
- Previous experience in recruitment (internal or agency) with a demonstrable track record of filling construction/electrical roles
- Previous experience of building and nurturing a diverse pipeline of passive candidates (you probably already have a little black book of names that would be worth speaking to)
- To be comfortable using Boolean searches, LinkedIn Recruiter, advertising sites, CV databases, X-ray searches, etc.
- The ability to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and overcome difficult problems
- To be hyper-organised and able to juggle high volumes of both candidates and vacancies
- The ability to spot the right profile for the right position
- Excellent written and verbal communication (and persuasion) skills
- Previous experience recruiting across a wide range of roles for a tech startup / SME
- Evidence of utilising ‘non-traditional’ sourcing methods e.g. events, social media etc.
- You have a dog (which you’d be welcome to bring into the office, as and when you choose to go in)
- You’re passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- Remote first working approach
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
The socially distant elephant in the room
Our first priority (at all times, but especially during the COVID-19 pandemic) is to make sure we’re not unnecessarily exposing Pod Pointers to potential health risks. We’re a “Remote first” company anyway, so we’re continuing to conduct all interviews on Google Meet and are pretty good at onboarding new starters remotely (if we do say so ourselves). As soon as we feel it’s safe, we do intend to reopen our London office; and once that happens you will be welcome to use that for work if you prefer - although there will be no requirement for you to do so.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!