Product | Salary DOE | Primarily remote but must have easy access to our London office for some on-site testing
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
Due to rapid growth and expansion of our business, we’re looking for an exceptional QA Engineer to join our growing Software team. You should have an obsession for quality, an amazing eye for detail, and the ability to form test plans and cases that align with the mission of our company.
You will work closely with the product, QA and the development team to assure the quality of a wide range of web and mobile solutions.
The position will report into the Lead QA Engineer and will be based remotely (however, you will occasionally need to go to our Old Street office for on-site testing).
What you’ll do
- You will be responsible for testing mobile and web applications working in an Agile Squad environment
- Working with product owners, user interface designers and software engineers to contribute to solutions
- Design and maintain thorough test designs and plans to challenge all SUT
- Help to build and maintain regression test packs
- Create high quality documentation to support the QA Team / business
- Reverse engineer the most difficult issues and reconstruct them into clear and concise defect reports
- Contribute towards the future efficiency of the QA team
- Guide and advise colleagues by making recommendations on QA best practices
What you’ll need
- At least 3 years of experience in a Quality Assurance role
- Thorough understanding of testing concepts, methodologies and processes
- Experience testing APIs and backend services
- Experience testing web and mobile solutions
- Experience of working with Test Case Management Tools
- An obsession for quality, an amazing eye for detail
- Ability to utilise automated test scripts to reduce test time
- Excellent organisational skills
- You have coding experience with a good understanding of Java
- ISTQB / ISEB Certifications in Testing and Agile.
- You have a dog (which you’d be welcome to bring into the office, as and when you choose to go in)
- Passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Salary sacrifice electric vehicle scheme.
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme.
- Pension, eyecare & life insurance schemes.
- Remote first working approach.
- Flexible working hours.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
- Annual company residential.
- Quarterly team events.
- Employee Assistance Program.
The socially distant elephant in the room
Our first priority (at all times, but especially during the COVID-19 pandemic) is to make sure we’re not unnecessarily exposing Pod Pointers to potential health risks. We’re a “Remote first” company anyway, so we’re continuing to conduct all interviews on Google Meet and are pretty good at onboarding new starters remotely (if we do say so ourselves). As soon as we feel it’s safe, we do intend to reopen our London office; and once that happens you will be welcome to use that for work if you prefer - although there will be no requirement for you to do so.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!