Senior Business Development Manager - Norway
Commercial | NOK 740,000 p.a. basic, OTE c. NOK 900,000 p.a. | Location: Norway
Denne annonsen er skrevet på engelsk, da rollen krever utmerket skriftlig og muntlig engelsk.
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that dream a reality we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
Pod Point is building the charging infrastructure that’s accelerating electric vehicle adoption in Norway and the UK. We are growing faster than the market and we need your help to maintain that velocity.
We’re looking for an innovative, commercially-minded and sales-focussed Senior Business Development Manager to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report to the Head of Norway and will be based in Norway on a “remote first” basis, although it will require travel around the country for customer visits.
What you’ll do
- Define the strategy for growth within untapped sectors of the EV charging market for Pod Point in Norway
- Engage our existing customer base and understand where expansion opportunities lie
- Develop new relationships and negotiate deals with prospective strategic partners in order to drive revenue and growth
- Create business development strategies; identify roadblocks and drive new business from conception through closure
- Network with, and present to senior management teams
- Act as the liaison between customers and internal teams, ensuring clients’ requirements are met and account performance is maximised
- Ensure you are up-to-date with internal and external developments, and suggest new ways to increase sales
- Report directly to the Head of Norway on forecasting, growth and necessary channel performance
What you’ll need
- Strong commercial experience – must be able to demonstrate where you have made different commercial models fit the client / business need
- A proven track record in meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Previous experience in developing (from scratch) lasting business relationships with large, national partners & accounts
- Previous experience in leading negotiations and sales pitches for strategic accounts
- A self starter, with a new business hunter attitude and the potential to substantially expand the business
- Previous technical experience in a sales role
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in Norwegian
- Fluent in English
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior sales role
- Experience in the Automotive and/or Property industry
- Understanding of electronics and electrical engineering
- The ability to work well within a fast paced (and exciting!) environment
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
The socially distant elephant in the room
So, you may have noticed that the world is a little different right now. As such, there might be a few parts of this spec that appear a bit wishy-washy. We’re sorry about that and we’ll try to give as much clarity as possible as and when we have answers.
Our first priority (at all times, but especially during the COVID-19 pandemic) is to make sure we’re not unnecessarily exposing Pod Pointers to potential health risks, so for now the majority of our team is working from home and we’re not sure when it will be safe for everyone to return to the office. We are, however, continuing to look for candidates who are able to commute to the Old Street area of London when the world becomes a bit more safe. In the meantime, we’re conducting all interviews on Google Meet and are able to onboard new starters remotely.
We also realise it may seem daunting starting a new role remotely (and some people struggle with their mental health when working from home at the best of times) so we’ve put in place some extra initiatives whilst we’re in lockdown (for both “work” and “play”) to keep our culture humming.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!