Electricians for EV Charging
base salary of up to 32,500 plus van and tools (OTE £40,000 including bonus and overtime) | Reading
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - that’s where you come in!
We like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We need an enthusiastic, qualified electrician to become a Pod Point Expert responsible for installing and maintaining our network of electric vehicle charge points. Our Pod Point Experts are the face of our company, and they are enthusiastically educating our customers about the world of EVs, and helping to create a world free from fossil fuels.
So on top of being a qualified electrician, with a couple of years’ experience installing electrical devices in domestic and commercial locations, you’ll need to be presentable, and have a customer-oriented approach.
What you’ll need
- 17th or 18th Edition Wiring Regulations qualification
- NVQ Level 3 qualification and JIB Gold Card
- EAL VRQ Domestic Installer or City & Guilds Level 2 (or similar)
- Self-starter, independent and innovative
- Hard-working and love dealing with customers, both domestic and commercial
- Environmentally conscious, with a passion for the EV industry
- Eager to develop and progress your career in a fast growing industry
- Previous experience installing multiple types of containment and wiring systems
- Installation and termination of SWA up to and including 25mm multicore
“Nice to have” but not essential
- Previous experience installing link boxes (Henley blocks) to split single phase 100A mains supply
- Experience working with plant equipment
- Surveying for and installing domestic earth rods
- Simple commercial liaison with clients
- Simple cable containment installation (steel tray and trunking)
- Commercial three phase initial verification, inspection and testing
- Installing earth rods on commercial installations
- IPAF, PASMA
- Verification, inspect and test C&G qualification
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, help you develop your career and you’ll be part of an exciting and fast-growing industry that is leading the green energy revolution. We also have ground-breaking projects to work on, 25 days holiday, a pension scheme, an eyecare scheme, a generous maternity and paternity package, a plug-in hybrid Electric Vehicle for you to drive and an EV charge point installed at your house (subject to eligibility for the OLEV Grant).
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!