Customer Support | Up to £24k | Remote (but a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
Pod Point is building the charging infrastructure that’s accelerating electric vehicle adoption in the UK and Norway.
We want to give our customers a five star experience whenever they contact Pod Point, so we’re expanding our team to make sure we can provide timely support to all our customers. As such, we’re looking for an innovative, creative Norwegian speaking Customer Support Executive (who is happy to work a shift pattern including evenings and weekends) to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals.
The position will report into the Customer Support Manager and will be based remotely either in Norway or the UK (we have an office near Old Street station in London that you are welcome to use once the risks of catching Coronavirus are reduced).
What you’ll do
This role will work on a rotating shift pattern and therefore you must be happy to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis.
- You will be the first point of contact to our Norwegian customers and installers
- Provide assistance and technical support for our products and services
- Support the customers at any point during the ordering process
- Direct the flow of inbound calls to the right department
- Resolve technical queries of varying complexity.
- Respond to high volume of queries (phones, email, social media) with absolute care and attention
- Maintain thorough and accurate customer service records
- Ensure the customer is at the heart of everything we do
What you’ll need
- To be fluent in Norwegian
- Customer Service experience (ideally in a high volume service centre environment)
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills with experience writing professional emails
- A strong desire to provide an excellent experience for the customer
- The ability to work well under pressure and learn new systems quickly
- To be flexible, resilient and patient
- Willing to take on responsibility and be a team player
- An inquisitive nature with an enthusiasm to learn about sustainability and technology
- Have a passion for problem solving and ability to self motivate
- Bring a bundle of personality, energy and professionalism
- The ability to look at your own data and self optimise
- Experience using CRM systems (Salesforce would be a big plus)
- Passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- Remote first working approach
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
The socially distant elephant in the room
Our first priority (at all times, but especially during the COVID-19 pandemic) is to make sure we’re not unnecessarily exposing Pod Pointers to potential health risks, so we’re conducting all interviews on Google Meet and are able to onboard new starters remotely too. We also realise it can seem daunting to start a new role remotely (and some people struggle with their mental health when working from home at the best of times) so we do intend to reopen the office as soon as it’s safe to do so, and once we do you will be welcome to use that for work if you prefer. Additionally we’re putting in place some extra initiatives to keep our culture humming (for both “work” and “play”) as we transition to being a remote first company.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!