Commercial Operations | Up to £40k (DOE) | Remote (but a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
Pod Point is building the charging infrastructure that’s accelerating electric vehicle adoption in the UK, Norway and the Republic of Ireland.
Due to the rapid growth of our business, we’re looking for an innovative and enthusiastic Electrical Estimator to jump on board joining our Pre Construction Team to help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report into the Pre Construction Team manager and will be based remotely (although we have an office near Old Street Station in London that you are welcome to use once we have more government clarification on COVID restrictions)
What you’ll do
- Providing EV Charging installation solutions to our clients and customers
- Estimating installation costs for our clients
- Assist with implementing the DNO connection application process within the estimating team
- Working closely with the Sales and Project teams providing technical support
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide accurate and detailed quotations
- Work efficiently to ensure we meet all SLA’s
- Assist Project Engineers with some stages of electrical design
- Participate in both internal and external technical meetings
What you’ll need
- Background in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of new DNO connection application process
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with high volume
- Experience in the Building Services Industry
- Knowledge of electrical installations
- You have a dog (which you’d be welcome to bring into the office, as and when you choose to go in)
- Passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
The socially distant elephant in the room
So, you may have noticed that the world is a little different right now. As such, there might be a few parts of this spec that appear a bit wishy-washy. We’re sorry about that and we’ll try to give as much clarity as possible as and when we have answers.
Our first priority (at all times, but especially during the COVID-19 pandemic) is to make sure we’re not unnecessarily exposing Pod Pointers to potential health risks, so for now the majority of our team is working from home and we’re not sure when it will be safe for everyone to return to the office. We are, however, continuing to look for candidates who are able to commute to the Old Street area of London when the world becomes a bit more safe. In the meantime, we’re conducting all interviews on Google Meet and are able to onboard new starters remotely.
We also realise it may seem daunting starting a new role remotely (and some people struggle with their mental health when working from home at the best of times) so we’ve put in place some extra initiatives whilst we’re in lockdown (for both “work” and “play”) to keep our culture humming.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!