Product / Remote (but a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
Due to the rapid growth of our business, we’re looking for an innovative Product Manager to jump on board joining our Product Team to help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report into the Head of Product and will be based remotely (although we have an office near Old Street Station in London that you are welcome to use).
What you’ll do
- Define & document product vision, roadmap & requirements as well as communicate customer user needs to the development team & stakeholders
- Evaluates opportunities & determines what gets built & delivered to customers profitably solves customer & business needs, wants & problems
- Be business focused and work across departments to identify opportunities & validate ideas through product discovery, setting strategy and vision for the product line/domain
- Work with the Head of Product to contribute to the long term product roadmap for Pod Point
- Champion the importance of product discovery through collaboration with customers, stakeholders, the data team and UX/UI & design colleagues
- Work with business, technical and product teams to understand the needs of your customers.
- Lead the product design for the specific area to ensure we deliver in an efficient, cost effective manner
- Coordinate with program managers & key stakeholders to launch features (both externally and internally)
- Help create a culture of innovation and continuous improvement within the product management & development teams especially in discovery and delivery methodologies
What you’ll need
- Experience making key product decisions in a mature agile environment.
- Experience in running product discovery with customers, stakeholders, UX/UI resources & architects. Validating your own ideas, interpreting data and understanding constraints
- Experience of product led organisations, ability to create new processes, work with existing processes & dealing with ambiguous prioritisation depending on business needs
- You have a dog (which you’d be welcome to bring into the office, as and when you choose to go in)
- You’re passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:Salary
- Sacrifice Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- Remote first working approach
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
The socially distant elephant in the room
Our first priority (at all times, but especially during the COVID-19 pandemic) is to make sure we’re not unnecessarily exposing Pod Pointers to potential health risks. We’re a “Remote first” company anyway, so we’re continuing to conduct all interviews on Google Meet and are pretty good at onboarding new starters remotely (if we do say so ourselves). As soon as we feel it’s safe, we do intend to reopen our London office; and once that happens you will be welcome to use that for work if you prefer - although there will be no requirement for you to do so.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!