Product | up to £60k p.a. | Remote (but with a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (our Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
We’re looking for an innovative, creative Product Owner to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. Initially you will be working with a squad focusing on our charger network and everything that connects to it.. This is the nervous system of Pod Point, looking at how we integrate and monitor our network of charge points across the country. You will be working with our software engineers to solve pain points for our customers and clients. The position will report into the Head of Product and will be based remotely (although we have an office near Old Street Station in London that you are welcome to use).
What you’ll do
Be responsible for the full lifecycle of your dedicated product, from research through to delivery
- Conduct competitor research, user research and usability testing to ensure we understand the customers’ and clients’ needs
- Work with UX/UI to create amazing user experiences
- Build and manage a backlog of users’ stories/requirements and prioritise for development
- Collaborate with the marketing team to utilise research and gather key market insights in order to build new products and improve existing products/features
- Be responsible for KPI deliverables, working closely with Data to define measurement strategies for launch
What you’ll need
Experience working with connected devices (IOT) or experience with hardware/firmware products.
- Experience owning the building of completely bespoke back office systems
- A strong data-focused skillset
- 2+ years in a Product role (or similar), in an Agile team
- An understanding of Software Engineering and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for SaaS, Websites, Mobile Apps, APIs, IoT etc.
- Experience using Agile planning tools to control Software work (e.g. Jira, Trello, etc.), documentation of Product features (e.g. Confluence) and collaborative tools for planning (e.g. Aha, Miro, etc.)
- Experience designing and implementing new features and business processes while understanding the impact these have to the users, to the data and other connected systems.
You have a hardware/firmware engineering background
- Have worked in EV industry, understand charger communication protocols
- You have a dog (which you’d be welcome to bring into the office, as and when you choose to go in)
- You’re passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- Remote first working approach
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!