Business Development Manager - Automotive
Automotive | £35,000 per annum (OTE c.£50k) | Location Remote (but a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
Pod Point is building the charging infrastructure that’s accelerating electric vehicle adoption in the UK & Norway. We’re looking for a highly motivated and innovative Business Development Manager to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report into the Senior Business Development Manager (OEMs & Dealerships) and will be based remotely (although we have an office near Old Street Station in London that you are welcome to use).
What you’ll do
- Develop sales for commercial installations at independent dealerships, dealer groups and rental companies across the UK
- Hunt for new business relationships within both single site and group dealerships
- Support the delivery of nationwide EV charging infrastructure rollouts with OEMs across their retailer network
- Continuously maximise a network of contacts in the industry and seek out new opportunities across the automotive sector
- Coordinate moving parts to get sales, operations and finance all working together
- Provide a seamless account management service to dealerships and groups to ensure all stakeholders are updated throughout the sales process
- Create accurate quotations and other relevant documentation
What you’ll need
- Experience of B2B sales within the automotive sector
- A proven track record in meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- The ability to quickly learn and talk confidently about a technical product
- You’re passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
- The ability to work well within a fast paced (and exciting!) environment
- You have a dog (which you’d be welcome to bring into the office, as and when you choose to go in)
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
The socially distant elephant in the room
We’re a “Remote first” company, so we conduct all interviews on Google Meet and are pretty good at onboarding new starters remotely (if we do say so ourselves). We do have our dog friendly (!) London office which you will be welcome to use for work if you prefer - although there will be no requirement for you to do so.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!