Senior Business Development Manager - EV Charging
Sales | Up to £50,000 per annum (OTE c.£70,000) | Location: Remote (but a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
Pod Point is building the charging infrastructure that’s accelerating electric vehicle adoption in the UK & Norway. We’re looking for a highly motivated and innovative Senior Business Development Manager to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report into the Head of Commercial Brands and will be based remotely (although we have an office near Old Street Station in London that you are welcome to use).
What you’ll do
- Develop and increase Pod Point’s client base and manage existing relationships with large fleet companies in the Last Mile Delivery and Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) sectors
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of what fleets require from an EV charging perspective and ensure Pod Point’s product capabilities align with these demands going forward
- Actively provide strategic input across your own role and the wider team to improve the commercial/business development process
- Prepare bespoke presentation material, proposals and tender documentation to support the negotiation and sales process
- Engage in and lead client meetings (whether in-person or face-to-face)
- Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales process is moving forwards at the right pace
What you’ll need
- Experience of confidently leading sales pitches and negotiations to senior level stakeholders
- A proven track record in meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Experience working within a fast paced sector
- The ability to quickly learn and talk confidently about a technical product
- A demonstrated ability of building relationships with large fleets across the UK
- You’re passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
The socially distant elephant in the room
We’re a “Remote first” company, so we conduct all interviews on Google Meet and are pretty good at onboarding new starters remotely (if we do say so ourselves). We do have our dog friendly (!) London office which you will be welcome to use for work if you prefer - although there will be no requirement for you to do so.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!