Software/ / Remote (but a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
Due to the rapid growth of our business, we’re looking for an innovative Software Developer in Test to jump on board joining our Software Team to help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report into the QA Engineering Manager and will be based remotely (although we have an office near Old Street Station in London that you are welcome to use).
What you’ll do
Evaluate and feedback on the quality of product(s) under test.
- Lead on the development of test automation solutions.
- Design and implement non-functional tests, such as accessibility, security, performance, etc.
- Create scripts and/or tools that can help the team be more efficient and productive.
- Design, develop and maintain test environments, testing pipelines, and test suites.
- Actively participate in team events, leading where specialist knowledge is required and supporting the team to improve their process through inspection and adaptation.
- Routinely use collaborative development practices such as pairing and mobbing in programming, code reviews, system design and requirements analysis/refinement, etc.
- Coach and mentor less experienced members of the team.
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting of defects.
- Troubleshoot fragile and/or failing tests and improve the overall testing pipeline.
- Perform exploratory testing where needed and other manual testing tasks.
- Identification and creation of appropriate documentation to support the team and business
What you’ll need
A minimum of 2 years experience as Software Developer in Test or similar.
- Previous experience implementing/developing test automation solutions.
- Previous experience in a software development role with strong coding skills
- Previous experience working with modern agile software development practices.
- Excellent understanding of SQL and relational databases structures
- Experience working with testing frameworks such as Cypress, Jest, Cucumber, Detox.
- Experience in API testing including SOAP and RESTful.
- Knowledge of systems architecture and web technologies, and exposure to scalable, distributed and real-time platforms
- Experience deploying to AWS cloud infrastructure (ideally using AWS Opsworks & Chef)
- Experience working with TDD/BDD
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- ISEB/ISTQB in testing.
- You have a dog (which you’d be welcome to bring into the office, as and when you choose to go in)
- You’re passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- Remote first working approach
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
We’re a “Remote first” company, so we conduct all interviews on Google Meet and are pretty good at onboarding new starters remotely (if we do say so ourselves). We do have our dog friendly (!) London office which you will be welcome to use for work if you prefer - although there will be no requirement for you to do so.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!