Senior Salesforce Developer
Software | Up to £85k | Remote (but a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point charging point everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
Due to the rapid growth and expansion of our business, Pod Point is looking for an exceptional Salesforce Developer to join our growing team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a passionate team and have a big impact on the entire organisation.
You will be responsible for delivering the architecture and design of complex, business-critical solutions across Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Field Service Lightning and Experience Cloud. You will assist in investigating and implementing new technologies, systems, and services, to deliver end-to-end solutions that are scalable, secure and robust.
You will work closely with the other technology team members to facilitate interfaces between Salesforce and other systems. This position will report into the Technical Manager and will be based remotely however, we do have a London office should you want to use it.
Who you are and what you’ll need
- You’re a Certified Salesforce Developer and hold the Platform Developer I (PDI) certification
- Strong experience of developing APEX classes for deployment across various salesforce products, including Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and (desirable) Field Service Lightning
- An excellent understanding of APEX and Java languages.
- An excellent understanding of working with complex triggers, batch classes, controllers and web services
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Great stakeholder management - able to adapt language to explain to non-technical stakeholders
- An excellent understanding of global coding best practices, including OOPs, DRY, code testing strategies, CI/CD.
- An excellent understanding of the Salesforce environment, Git, Salesforce governor limits, SOQL and database data management with code.
- An excellent understanding of code versioning tools and Salesforce Deployment Processes.
- An excellent understanding of web development, including HTTP/S, Restful APIs, JSON, SOAP, 3rd party APIs integration, etc..
- Experience of maintaining existing applications with an eye to continuous integration, automation and improvement that is consistent with industry development standards.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- You’re organised and detail-oriented enough to manage projects with many moving parts.
Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II (PDII) qualification.
- Experience as a Salesforce Developer in a mid to large commercial environment.
- Experience with Mulesoft Anypoint platform as either a developer and/or consumer of APIs
- You have a dog (which you’d be welcome to bring into the office, as and when you choose to go in)
- You’re passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
If you're interested in our mission but none of our current vacancies suit your skills, why not connect with us to be notified of any future vacancies using the link below:
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- Remote first working approach
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
We’re a “Remote first” company, so we conduct all interviews on Google Meet and are pretty good at onboarding new starters remotely (if we do say so ourselves). We do have our dog friendly (!) London office which you will be welcome to use for work if you prefer - although there will be no requirement for you to do so.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!