Software | Fully-Remote (but we have a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
We pride ourselves on product development. Our technology and its users are at the heart of everything we do, ranging from consumer applications that enable EV drivers to charge on our network; to an expansive ecommerce solution for our customers and our partners; back-office systems for managing our network; and a big data pipeline for the communications of our charge points. We’re leading the industry in how great software helps define the best EV charging experience.
We aim to build even more awesome things, so we’re looking for innovative, passionate and enthusiastic Senior Software Engineers to join the software team and help us develop and maintain our software and meet our ambitious business objectives.
In your role you’ll be getting invested in one or more of our initiatives:
- Building a solid, scalable charger communications pipeline.
- Innovating and re-imagining our charger management platform.
- Expanding our charger network and its support of new charge points.
- Improving our customers' experience from order to installation.
- Supporting our customers in minimising their carbon footprint and charging on our network.
And more generally speaking:
- Contributing top quality code towards new products and features as per our product roadmap.
- Assisting the discovery of problems, opportunities, and requirements of our software and its stakeholders, breaking them down into elegant solutions and seeing them through from concept to creation.
- Continuously collaborating with your agile squad, be that via pair programming, peer code reviews, helping QA with testing, or story writing & defining tech specs with product owners.
By joining our team, you’ll be:
- Joining one of our growing number of product development squads covering our three product domains: charger network, customer experience & sales.
- Working closest to your fellow engineers, QA, DevOps, agile delivery managers and the product team, but also be in regular collaboration with the wider product development department, including the data, hardware and platform engineering teams.
- Joining a culture of continuous improvement, teamwork & collaboration where quality always comes first.
- Surrounded by a bunch of extremely passionate and talented people who are always super friendly and eager to help and to learn.
- Contributing your new ideas to help us evolve both in terms of our technology and the way we work.
- Granted the opportunity to self-study, explore your own ideas and experiment with new technologies via what we call our engineering and learning days every other Friday.
- Reporting into a Software Engineering Manager.
- Based remotely, but with a London office near Old Street that you’re welcome to use.
The tech stack
- React Native
What you’ll need
3+ years’ experience of professional front-end development.
- Excellent experience with front-end frameworks, ideally React.
- Excellent understanding of consuming RESTful APIs.
- Great knowledge around state management.
- Great knowledge of best React practices.
- Good experience with unit & functional testing.
- Good understanding of OOP principles and design patterns.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines.
- Familiarity with TDD/BDD.
- Experience working within an agile software team following the scrum framework.
- Ability to analyse requirements, problems, and opportunities and architect solutions.
- A creative eye for detail and beautiful design.
Understanding of SQL & relational database structures.
- Understanding of DevOps principles/practices.
- Experience with end-to-end testing.
- Experience with mobile app development via React Native.
- Educational qualifications in computer science or related field.
- You’re an active contributor to an open source community.
- You’re passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry.
- You have a dog (which you’d be welcome to bring into the office, as and when you choose to go in).
We exist in a new, unique and exciting space, in a market which is accelerating faster than the electric vehicles themselves. The challenge of building for scale as the mass adoption of EVs takes hold is just one of a number that we face. There is so much to do, so much to learn, so much opportunity to explore, there truly is never a dull day here in the Pod Point software team, come join us for the ride!If you're interested in our mission but none of our current vacancies suit your skills, why not connect with us to be notified of any future vacancies using the link below:https://careers.pod-point.com/connect
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- Remote first working approach
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
We’re a “Remote first” company, so we conduct all interviews on Google Meet and are pretty good at onboarding new starters remotely (if we do say so ourselves). We do have our dog friendly (!) London office which you will be welcome to use for work if you prefer - although there will be no requirement for you to do so.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!