Senior DevOps Engineer
Software | Remote (but a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
We pride ourselves on product development. Our technology and its users are at the heart of everything we do, ranging from consumer applications that enable EV drivers to charge on our network; to an expansive ecommerce solution for our customers and our partners; back-office systems for managing our network; and a big data pipeline for the communications of our charge points. We’re leading the industry in how great software helps define the best EV charging experience.
We aim to build even more awesome things, so we’re looking for an innovative, passionate and determined DevOps engineer to join the software development team and help us develop and maintain our cloud infrastructure and meet our ambitious business objectives. You will primarily be working closest to your fellow DevOps engineers , software engineers, QA engineers, and technical project managers, but you’ll also be in regular collaboration with the wider product development department, including the product, data, hardware and Salesforce engineering teams.
The position will report into the Lead Devops Engineer and will be based remotely (although we have an office near Old Street Station in London that you are welcome to use).
Things you’ll do
- Performing configuration of our AWS services (of which we use many - RDS, EC2, OpsWorks, Lambda, S3, SNS, SQS, Kinesis, Elasticsearch, CloudFront, API Gateway, Codebuild - to name but a few)
- Write infrastructure as code (using Terraform, Serverless, and Typescript via the AWS CDKAWS SAM)
- Collaborate with software engineers to design and build platform solutions to the technical challenges of our software products
- Designing, Building and Optimising CI/CD pipelines and automation
- Monitor and troubleshoot platform issues via meaningful dashboards and alarms
- Helping our transition to modern, scalable infrastructure via containerisation and IaC.
Who you are
- You work to the highest quality & security standards
- You follow appropriate modern technologies, processes & practices
- You’re a proponent of continuous learning and improvement
- You’re organised, motivated and detail-oriented to self-manage
- You’re confident, communicative and collaborative
- You play well with others
- You get stuff done
What you’ll need
- Excellent experience with AWS (certification at associate level)
- Good experience of writing infrastructure as code (preferably via Terraform)
- Good experience of scripting (any language, Python etc)
- Good experience of using Containerisation
- Great understanding of DevOps principles/practices
- Good understanding of software engineering, architecture and technologies
- Good understanding of database structures and data warehousing
- Excellent knowledge of systems security, VPCs and Networking
- Excellent knowledge of scalable and resilient platform engineering
- Familiarity with SDLC and agile methodologies
- Ability to analyse requirements, problems, and opportunities and architect solutions
Experience with GitOps based delivery pipelines
Educational qualifications in computer science or related field
Background experience as a software engineer
Passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
If you're interested in our mission but none of our current vacancies suit your skills, why not connect with us to be notified of any future vacancies using the link below:
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point, we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally, you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on, and surround you with fantastic, talented people.
We also provide the following benefits:
- Salary sacrifice electric vehicle scheme.
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme.
- Pension, eyecare & life insurance schemes.
- Remote first working approach.
- Flexible working hours.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
- Annual company residentials.
- Quarterly team events.
- Employee Assistance Program.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please