Data | Remote (but a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
We’re looking for an innovative, creative Data Engineer to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. Business recommendations/decisions are being made as a result from data insights. We are gaining competitive advantages as a result, we need your help to stay ahead of the competition.
You will have access to large volume & high velocity data to work with and you will be given full ownership of projects to help the business. If you have ideas to improve the systems/infrastructure then we want to hear them! We have over 90,000 IoT devices out in the field increasing daily to gain insights from. This position will report to the Lead Data Engineer and will be based remotely. However, we do have an Old Street office should you wish to use it.
What you’ll do
- Use data analysis, forecasting algorithms and BI dashboards to assist the business in making data driven decisions.
- Building an exceptional data warehouse that will scale with the company and meet all data needs of the business.
- Keep up to date with current trends in the field of data analytics and data science.
What you’ll need
- Fluent in SQL and Python/R.
- Experience with AWS services such as Redshift, Lambda, Kinesis, etc.
- Experience with MySQL, NoSQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB
- Strong experience in Data Warehousing.
- Strong experience with Data Analysis.
- Experience with BI tools such as (Chart.io, Tableau, Looker, Domo, Power BI, etc.)
- Strong experience with Data Pipelines such as (Stitch, Segment, Airflow, etc.)
- Experience with Event-driven data architecture (Mobile and Web)
- Experience with MixPanel, Google Analytics, Firebase
- Understanding concepts of a CRM such as (Salesforce, MS Dynamics, etc.)
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques
- A dog that you can bring into the office
- Passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
If you're interested in our mission but none of our current vacancies suit your skills, why not connect with us to be notified of any future vacancies using the link below:
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- Remote first working approach
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme and discounted gym membership
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!