Up to £50,000 (basic) £67,500 OTE (uncapped) | Remote (but a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park.
We remain #1 in the UK home sector and are making significant progress in the UK commercial sector with 86% year-on-year revenue growth, increasing our headcount from 247 to 500+ since early 2021.
More importantly we are making progress on our mission having delivered 171.5 million kWh by our charge points in 2021, avoiding the equivalent of 127,267 tonnes of CO2e.
Our culture is electric
Our culture is one of the many reasons we were recently voted to be in the top 100 organisations to escape to in 2022 via Escape The City (out of 13,000 nominations).
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company.
We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard but we’re not clock-watchers and you will be given plenty of guidance and very few rules. We’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape your role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people.
We also provide the following benefits:
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- Remote first working approach
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle if you come into the office
- Annual company residential
Pod Point is building the charging infrastructure that’s accelerating electric vehicle adoption in the UK. We’re looking for an innovative, creative and data-oriented Senior Business Development Manager to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals by creating long-term, strategic partnerships within the Public Sector. The position will report into the Head of Commercial Construction and will be based remotely (although we have an office near Old Street Station in London that you are welcome to use).
What you’ll do
- Define the strategy for growth, and the lead on new commercial opportunities and projects within the public sector.
- Building relationships with multiple points of contacts within potential public sector customers and managing high tier, strategic accounts.
- Identifying and responding to RFP’s that suit Pod Point’s public sector business model
- Networking with, and presenting to senior stakeholders (both clients and internal).
- Developing other team members.
- Hunting and winning new strategic business within the public sector and managing the ongoing relationship.
- Subject matter expert for public sector within Pod Point, upskilling and educating the wider sales team.
- Ensuring you are up-to-date with internal and external developments, and suggesting new ways to increase sales.
- Reporting directly to the Head of Commercial Construction on forecasting, growth and necessary channel performance.
What you’ll need
- A proven track record in meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Previous experience in developing lasting business relationships with a diverse range of customers within the public sector.
- Track record of strategic sales into into the public sector.
- Previous experience in leading negotiations and tender writing through stages of RFI, RFQ and won business.
- Previous experience and comfort with contractual discussions with major accounts.
- The ability to quickly learn and talk confidently about a technical product.
- Strong presentation and pitching skills – should have experience of presenting to small, medium and large groups on a regular basis.
- A good networker capable of building relationships with multiple stakeholders at multiple levels within the customer organization.
- You have a pet (if you have a dog our office is dog friendly and you’re welcome to bring them in!)
- You’re passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
If you're interested in our mission but none of our current vacancies suit your skills, why not connect with us to be notified of any future vacancies using the link below:
We’re a “Remote first” company, so we conduct all interviews on Google Meet and are pretty good at onboarding new starters remotely (if we do say so ourselves). We do have our dog friendly (!) London office which you will be welcome to use for work if you prefer - although there will be no requirement for you to do so.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!