Senior Business Development Manager - Retail & Leisure
Sales | Up to £55,000 + uncapped commission (OTE circa £74,000) + Car | Remote (but with a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
Pod Point is building the charging infrastructure that’s accelerating electric vehicle adoption in the UK.
We’re looking for a highly motivated, creative and data-orientated Senior Business Development Manager to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals by creating long-term, strategic partnerships with a wide range of public facing and large-scale companies (incl. land owners, hotel chains, transportation groups).
The position will be based remotely (although we have an office near Old Street Station in London that you are welcome to use).
What you’ll do
- Win new business with the largest and most strategic customers within the marketplace
- Define growth strategies within unexplored sectors of the market
- Explore our existing customer base and understanding where expansion opportunities lie
- Build relationships with multiple points of contacts within potential customers
- Network with, and present to senior stakeholders (both clients and internal)
- Develop competitive commercial models and educating potential customers on Pod Point’s offering
- Ensure you are up-to-date with internal and external developments, and suggesting new ways to increase sales
What you’ll need
- Strong commercial experience – must be able to demonstrate where you have made different commercial models fit the client / business need
- A proven track record in developing (from scratch) business relationships with a diverse range of customers across a wide market segment
- Proven ability of tender writing and managing potential deals through RFI/Q
- Expertise in leading negotiations and sales pitches for strategic accounts
- Experience of leveraging existing relationships to create new revenue streams
- The ability to quickly learn and talk confidently about a technical product
- A proactive approach to bringing together a solution and coordinate moving parts to get sales, operations, development, marketing and finance all working together
- Strong presentation skills – should have experience of presenting to small, medium and large groups on a regular basis
- A good networker capable of building relationships with multiple stakeholders at multiple levels within the customer organisation
- Experience of working in the EV charging industry
- The ability to work well within a fast paced (and exciting!) environment
- You’re passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
If you're interested in our mission but none of our current vacancies suit your skills, why not connect with us to be notified of any future vacancies using the link below:
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle
We’re a “Remote first” company, so we conduct all interviews on Google Meet and are pretty good at onboarding new starters remotely (if we do say so ourselves). We do have our dog friendly (!) London office which you will be welcome to use for work if you prefer - although there will be no requirement for you to do so.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!