Senior Business Development Manager- Built Environment
Sales| up to £50,000 (OTE £60-75k) + Car / Remote (but a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park.
We remain #1 in the UK home sector and are making significant progress in the UK commercial sector with 86% year-on-year revenue growth, increasing our headcount from 247 to 500+ since early 2021.
More importantly we are making progress on our mission having delivered 171.5 million kWh by our charge points in 2021, avoiding the equivalent of 127,267 tonnes of CO2e.
Our culture is electric
Our culture is one of the many reasons we were recently voted to be in the top 100 organisations to escape to in 2022 via Escape The City (out of 13,000 nominations).
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company.
We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard but we’re not clock-watchers and you will be given plenty of guidance and very few rules. We’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape your role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people.
We also provide the following benefits:
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- Remote first working approach
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle if you come into the office
- Annual company residential
Pod Point is building the charging infrastructure that’s accelerating electric vehicle adoption in the UK. We’re looking for an innovative, strategic and technically focused Senior Business Development Manager to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals.
The position will report into the Head of Residential Built Environment and will be based remotely (although we have an office near Old Street Station in London that you are welcome to use).
What you'll do
- Be responsible for the smooth day to day running of strategic accounts within the Social Housing, Retirement Living and Built To Rent sectors
- Meet regular reporting obligations internally and externally in regards to the performance of these accounts
- Ensure the continued growth of these accounts through strong performance and client satisfaction
- Contribute to the development of new accounts and extensions of existing accounts
- Deliver project specific advice to customers, upholding Pod Point’s consultative reputation
- Work with the Head of Residential Built Environment to coordinate the activities of the wider team to ensure key accounts are well serviced with lead times and support.
- Seek opportunities to develop accounts further with innovation and ‘stickiness’ whilst protecting accounts with swift escalation and resolutions where required
What you’ll need
- Knowledge of social housing, property management or built to rent sectors (desired)
- 2-3 years in a Senior sales / BD role
- Experience working on large strategic projects and key account management
- A technical understanding of our products and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- CRM experience
- Excellent time management required to balance current and future client demands
- Comprehensive understanding of excel and preferably Salesforce
- You have a pet (Our office is dog friendly if you have a pup!)
- You’re passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
If you're interested in our mission but none of our current vacancies suit your skills, why not connect with us to be notified of any future vacancies using the link below:
We’re a “Remote first” company, so we conduct all interviews on Google Meet and are pretty good at onboarding new starters remotely (if we do say so ourselves). We do have our dog friendly (!) London office which you will be welcome to use for work if you prefer - although there will be no requirement for you to do so.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!